Thursday, July 13, 2006

One More Window


...to my life that is. Not content with having my life's contents spilled onto myspace and flickr, I have now decided to pour a little bit more of "brixtonianess" onto the already-quite-polluted web.
Why, you ask (or well, I do). Simply because I have nothing better to do right now.
No, seriously.

I stop on my tracks sometimes and think to myself "how did a girl who was born in the depths of the Colombian Amazon jungle (Leticia, to be more precise) end up in London in the middle of this whirlpool of creative energies?". I am amazed by every single day I live in this city, by the opportunity destiny has given me of having a year's worth of experiences every month, by being surrounded by incredible people every day, by being in the middle of something I only ever dreamed of when I was just a Colombian schoolgirl who watched Gianni Versace's death on the news with sorrow in my small amazonian house.

So this is why, actually. I want to share this sense of wonder of the world with the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no lo puedo creer, acabo de leer tu blog que es de hace cinco días y ayer te había colgado el video de she-ra sin saber que habías escrito sobre ella!

me encanta tu blog. yo hace tiempo que estoy pensando en mudar el mío acá. a ver qué aventuras me traigo del País Vasco y Portugal... nothing half as fun as London, for sure! (grrr, que extrañitis).